Wednesday 29 April 2015

Sorted, well nearly

Carol Nash rescue came up with the goods this morning and I got a lift with Breakdown Biker to Framlingham where the tyre was replaced while I explored the local Wetherspoons. Unfortunately Framlingham is not used to sophisticated technology and the tyre pressure sensor came out of the repair in several unmendable pieces. 
The effect is that the bike thinks there is no pressure in the tyre and constantly reports a fault with a red dashboard warning light, it's not a critical problem, but who likes riding with a warning light on all the time, so I have phoned the Triumph dealer in Ipswich, Lings,  who say they can fit one in the morning, as it happens they are based only ten minutes or so from where I am staying with a friend, so I don't even need the anticipated early start.
Because I lost four hours, the planned route for the day was pretty much abandoned. I rode from Framlingham to Cromer, then Yarmouth and down the A12 to Waldringfield near Ipswich. It's situated by the River Deben, and has a lot of boating activity. The local Maybush inn is situated right by the river and serves splendid Admam's ale. Who could resist, so I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment