Thursday 5 March 2015

Ride to Scarborough


The first real ride after the servoectomy is proving uneventful, if somewhat cold, nothing that a hot pot of tea in Princess Cafe by the harbour won't cure!


A couple of annoyances on the way; I am continually amazed at the volume of litter beside the road. I assume people just chick it from cars, this time of year it's clearly visible and dangerous to wildlife. For goodness sake just take it home!! 
People using phones while driving, I don't just mean talking, which is bad enough, but looking at the screen, texting , playing games I don't know, but it's irresponsible. I guess on a bike you can see what people in cars are doing. On a 50mph section of the M1 I drew level with an idiot in an Audi, he had his phone in his hand on the steering wheel, looking at the screen. I sounded my horn and pointed at the phone, couldn't see the look on his face but I hoe he was embarrassed. I spoilt my position somewhat by gesturing to Jim in a way that suggested I thought he was an onanist. Thinking this through I came to the conclusion that playing straight in future may be more effective. How many motorists know enough about motorbikes to know that the police no longer use R1150RTs?

 


No comments:

Post a Comment