Monday 23 February 2015

Servoectomy Update

The Servoectomy is going well. I'm not rushing it as I have other things on as well.

I got the servo off today and reconnected the brake lines. Bled the brakes with a vacuum bleeder and all seems well, but I haven’t tested them in action obviously.
Look no Servo !!
 

One thing that had me intrigued for a bit was the front brake connection via the distribution piece. The guide I am following show it screwed back into its original mounting, but turned through 90 degrees or so. I found that if I tried to do this the top pipe from the master cylinder on the handlebars, would be stressed on full lock. I got round it by adding a a short aluminium bracket so that the junction could move forward by about 3 or 4 cm. This seems to have solved the issue.
 
 
 
It is easy to underestimate the degree to which brake fluid trickles! I caught it eventually and took a lot of care to mop and clean up, but the stuff is evil!
 
Tomorrow its the electrics.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment