Wednesday 25 February 2015

Back on the road

 
 
All is well again, I took the opportunity to clean the engine and spray it and the frame with ACF50 while the Tupperware was off. I tested the bike without the plastic, just to make sure the brakes were ok, in riding round the village I realised why I prefer a touring bike to a naked one - in a word comfort. I like the wind and rain protection and am prepared to put up with the inconvenience of the panels to achieve that, I know this isn't everyone's view, but each to his or her own I say.
 
The ACF50 provided a superb smoke display when I first started the engine.
 
I have read people saying that performing a servoectomy has transformed the feel of their bike, I wouldn't go that far , but I am now able to ride with confidence that the brakes will work in a predictable hydraulic way, and getting rid of that lump of weight cant do the handiling any harm.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment