Tuesday 17 February 2015

Oh no, the brakes are still playing up

Just returned from a disappointing ride.
All seemed well at first, but the first indication of trouble was when I stopped for a break. On restarting the bike the brake light continued to flash and the general failure light stayed on as before. I stopped and started the engine and all was well. This happened once more. Other than this the ride was uneventful and the brakes worked fine, however nearly home having ridden about 140 miles, the light started flashing out of the blue, stopping and starting the engine made no difference this time, it just carried on, again the servo seemed to be working, I could hear the pump, and the brake efficiency seemed fine.
 
I have spoken to the dealership and their next offer is replacing the servo pump etc for £1400 plus fitting. 
 
I now feel inclined to remove the servo and reconnect the brakes.
 
I have been in touch with a really helpful guy,  Dave, who runs http://www.dhmoto.net/ on which he has published a very useful summary of how to remove the servo on an 1150 GS and reconnect everything, you can find it here http://dhmoto.net/doc/Abs_Removal.pdf
 
All being well I shall be going down that route in the next couple of weeks and will post progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment