Tuesday 27 January 2015

Details Details

The last couple of days have been taken up with a lot of computer time, booking accommodation and rescheduling the trip to fit in with relocated overnight stops. Because my schedule covers the may bank holidays, it turns out that a number of the Youth hostes I had hoped to use are full, so I have spend a good deal of time using Tripadvisor and other booking sites to find B+Bs and budget hotels. Most are now booked. I had hped to avoid camping, but there is one place where I simply cant find a bed. Aplecross is arguably one of the most magnificent places on the west Coast of Scotland. As well as being a beautiful little village in its own right
 It has the most delightful roads in and out, one along the coast to the North, the other inland over the highest pass in the UK, both single track, so the riding is superb.
For this reason I was not willing to give up my planned night in Applecross so have booked a great little camping pod on the local campsite.
I stayed in one of these with my brother last year and they are lovely, the only problem is that I now have to carry a sleeping bag and pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment