Wednesday 14 January 2015

A long time coming

It's taken a lot longer than I originally speculated, but now we have a real projected date for the ride. All being well, and there are some uncertainties, May 2015 will me the time to watch.
A little older and wiser, the bike and I are  basically the same as we were. The route has been planned using the splendid Garmin BaseCamp software, and it turns out to be over 5000 miles. 
Most of the overnight stops will be at Youth Hostels, a bit unusual, but I was very impressed with the prices and locations of hostels run by both YHA, in England and Wales and SYHA , in Scotland. The one or two nights not near a hostel will be with friends or in budget hotels. 
I'm writing this on my iPhone so it's a bit limited, once I get to the computer I plan to upload some stuff about the route and where I will be staying .
I plan to be more active here in the building up to the ride, and also to post as I progress, hopefully with some good coastal photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment